Tuesday, January 17, 2006

MLK

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope."
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Oh Dr. King, what would you say if you were still around? Would we have had our first Black President? Would our schools be desegregated? You can call it whatever you want, but they're still segregated between the rich and poor. Poor means Black and Brown with a sprinkle of Yellow. Rich means White with a stir in of Yellow. Are we that blind?

Martin, I think you'd be sad. Sad to see how your people still struggle to get by. Sad to see that some things are the same. We care enough to clear our conscience, but not enough to hold hands with those who are suffering and hurting here and abroad. Sad to find that your life to celebrated as just another day off.

Thank you Martin, and Leroy, and Kagba, Donna, Bishop and Lady Norwood, Mrs. Powell-Avila, and Mr. Walker, and Malcolm for allowing me to find hope in the lives you('ve) live(d). Thank you for teaching me about an infinite hope that overcomes any sense of disapointment. Thank you for teaching me that Joy is in the Mo(u)rning. Thank you for allowing me to share in your suffering. Thank you for teaching me about choosing for Joy inspite of any terrible circumstance. Thank you for living lives that are excellent. Thank you for your unshakable faith in God. Thank you for showing me that Black is Beautiful.

Thank you for being my friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home