Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Frankfurters

this is hard. i haven't done this for a while.

okay, here we go.


Happy Birthday Frank Lloyd Wright. Thank you for the Guggenheim Museum even though you never got to see it finished. I've only seen it from the outside, so don't feel too sad. Thanks for continuing to create amazing plans for buildings in spite of the Great Depression. My Great Depression can learn a lot from that. Sorry for confusing you with the other Frank (Gehry) who designed Bilbao's Guggenheim. Yall would be good friends.

My ankle is still slow to recover. I think I ripped both sides of it. The outside is healing up and ready for mobility, but the inside is still really tender and immobile. Things haven't really progressed over the past couple days. So I'm waiting to just walk. I'm still camped out at home, but I wonder if I should just high - tail it back to the apartment. Once injured, I realized how independant I am, and realized that home would be a better place for me in my dependant state. Home still has some hard parts that I've revisited, but all in all, I am in need of support and it's better to climb six stairs as opposed to 26. I'd really like to get back to walking. Yeaaah.

I meant for this time of rest ( no work last week due to injury ) to be a time of personal healing. Shauna mentioned this to me in light of my injury:

I also wanted to elaborate on something I was thinking about as we were praying for your ankle at your place. I've been studying Luke off and on for a while, and one thing that keeps standing out to me when Jesus does a physical healing is that it seems to come with a spiritual and social healing, also. Many of the folks are outcasts because of their physical struggles -- lepers, bleeding women, unclean unclean -- but when Jesus heals them, he also takes the extra step of restoring them into right relationship with their communities. And I was thinking about that when we were praying, not because I don't think you're in right relationship with folks, but because I know that Oakland continues to be a struggle at times. I was wondering what Jesus wants to do with this healing time for you -- what will it mean spiritually? What will it show you about relationships with community? Just something I was musing over and that I think I mentioned in prayer, but it might have sounded weird out of the context of Luke stuff.

So I've been thinking about it, but I haven't really gotten any super good resolutions from all of it. In my mind, I just need one good buddy to be close with here in Oakland. A dude that's kinda on the same page as me, that'll speak truth into my life to encourage, challenge and support the life here. Is that the solution? I don't know. I'm a little scared about my trip to Atlanta in July. I'm totally excited to see old folks, but I'm actually afraid that being there will be really good, and I'll have to really decide if making a move will be good for my soul.

One thing I really like about these weddings and trips down south (Davey Dave married last weekend) is seeing old buddies. It's really really good to have peers, to get personal so quickly and to be comfortable with it. I asked a couple guys last weekend in LA if these friendships/relationships are too much to desire after college. Thoughts went either way. I wonder if it's true: being close and deep just doesn't happen much after those free-flow days in school. Any thoughts on that?

On a side note, here's the summer plan:
July 28th: OAK to ORD (Chicago) to hang out with Melissa and Dave ( Mission Year homies) for a little bit.
Drive down to Atlanta together.
I'll stay for July (they'll leave in a couple days).
Fly to SAN (diego) to meet up with the guys (Costa Verde apt. 3226) and then attend Sanli's wedding.
Hopefully stay in San Diego a little while longer.
Fly back up to Oakland and figure out life again in mid-August.

I'm gonna write more. I'm dead. Serious.

zzz

3 Comments:

Blogger joshua said...

it was great seeing you ben. i'm looking forward to reading more about your life as well... be it joys, struggles, sorrows, or accomplishments. check your email. i'll be in your hood in 2 weeks... baseball?

12:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Chia....dood, can't wait to see you.

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello! If you want to gain massive backlinks for your website and get massive traffic for your website check out this
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer service[/url]
I just ordered from them before 1 month as of today my website rankings in google increased tremandously. My website is now #1 for quite a competitive keyword also got some traffic from this campaign. I was stupid enough and ordered also from some other xrumer service providers but oh boy this was like flushing down my money in toilet, I got maybe 30 backlinks from them and almost no traffic. After I read sales page at
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer service[/url]
I now understand why other xrumer service providers failed with their junk blasts they sent nothing more then shit logs I couldn't even find one single direct link to my post. Then I got report from
[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer service[/url]

and ALL of the links in log file was working perfectly. I ordered only 10K links but they provided 12500. What an amazing xrumer service. No other xrumer service can stay even close. This is most powerful backlink service ever I have come accross period.

[url=http://xrumerservice.org]xrumer service[/url]

10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home