Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Know Screenprinting Tommorow

It's late tonite, but hey, my boss told me not to come in to work because things are slow at the shop. So I get some extra time in the morning tommorow to get up later. Yeah, I know, it makes sense.

It's been strange today. There's something special about accepting where I'm at, and being present to whatever / whoever is in front of my skull, and not worrying about my place in the thick of things. I want to be present to other people, to attend to what's really important in their lives, to be the most to others. I don't think I'm always there. At least not all of me.

I still fluctuate between two states un-united. One coast relishes the challenges of change and can enjoy the company and presence of others. Being alone isn't such a bad thing, it's a chance for self - discovery and maybe a time to settle some of my own short comings. It's O.K. if I haven't fallen in love with all of my life. The other side takes in the same stuff but is a lot less sure. Sure, nothing is exactly right, but it's more like I'm in a worried state. I give into thinking that there is a right path, or that I my importance lies at the foot (or mouth) of others. Mirrors, degrees, salaries, and being known sadden me. There is a sense of emptyness that makes me sleepless.

Life is complex. Finding peace despite the complexity is when life becomes beautiful. I have chosen this life that seeks simplicity. What I am finding is that I am not a simple person.

There is hope though. In this city, in my life, in my work, and in the people that I get to be with. All these seem to groan for peace. They all long for that simplicity.

I love to sing with that growl of longing. I love to rub and scratch the charcoal into visions of life. I love being lost in the looping strums of the guitar. I love to realize that people are beautiful. I love realizing that I am part of all of this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home