Wednesday, September 15, 2004

Dog Days

Summer has rightfully passed by already. The begining of school and the push for the playoffs in baseball validates this. The weather hasn't really cooperated with these signs of a changing season. They call them the dog days of summer, and I think I understand the phrase better after today.

It wasn't all that hot today, but i seemed to be around a lot of hot-headed people. Folks on the road were riding up on me, parking spots took long lunch breaks, and I had to wait a long time just to get a couple errands done. Meanwhile, our house was slowly heatin' up. Someone's got to crack open the windows as the sun goes down or it's a microwave until 9:30.

I came home all tired from my work and then things just went bezerko. Well, things stayed the same and I went bezerko. I was super tired, hungry, cranky, and ready to let you know that I wasn't finishing the day well. Then I started thinking about my life, and where things are going: When's this job gonna come through? Is it going to be enough?

Bad idea on a hot day!

Where am I going with this? I don't know. Dog days are good for: Swimming pools, Water fights, Water balloons, Ice in your drink, Deep sleep in front of a fan, and Ice Cream on the cone.

Did I ever tell you about a dog named Lucky? Now THAT'S a story! Maybe next time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home